Graves to Gardens Podcast: Interview about Once You’re Inside and impressions of prison.
My Youtube page with poetry readings. Check it out!
Reading from Once You’re Inside: here
Poets vs. Pandemic Reading from July 21st, live on Youtube. My reading begins at about 19:30. Be sure and listen to the fine work of Miles David Moore and Lucinda Marshall as well. Thanks to Henry Crawford for hosting and video production.
Singing in the Dark: A Global Anthology of Poetry Under Lockdown. K. Satchidanandan and Nishi Chawla, editors. 2019. Penguin India. Poems included: “In Need of Imagination” and “The Importance of Flowers.
Women Write Resistance: Poets Resist Gender Violence. Laura Madeline Wiseman, editor. 2013.
Poem included: “Marital Privilege.”
Reckless Writing: The Modernization of Poetry by Emerging Writers of the 21st Century. Penny Dunning, editor. Chatter House Press. 2012.
Poems included: “Mrs. S” (nominated for a Pushcart Prize) and “More Rock Than Bach.”
Life in Me Like Grass on Fire: Love Poems. Maryland Writers’ Association Book. Laura Shovan, editor. 2011 section editor for “Love of Art and Work.”
Poems included: “Marriage,” “Seducing Billy Collins as He Finishes a Stanza,” “The Pediatrician” and “Dreams in My Portfolio.”
- Pendemics Journal, “The Broken Trophy”
- Hope Collected, “Freshman’s Lament”
- Iron City Magazine, “Surviving the Lake in the Basement,” “Lock Me Up,” and “Sandbags Against the Flood.”
- Lummox, “At the Altar of St. Stephen”
- Mad in America, “The Hopkins Doctor Diagnoses Me” and “A Therapeutic Environment”
- Fourth River, “Dress Code for the Women’s Prison”
- Poets and Artists Event, “Come What May” and “Time At the Bus Stop”
- Dragonfly, “Grooming” and “Too Late”
- Every Day Poetry/Every Writer, “The Code”
- New Verse News, “$1 a Day to Fight the Largest Fire in CA History”
- Gargoyle, “Mental Health Box,” & “Branded.”
- Fledgling Rag, “Real for Real,” “Nathaniel Breaks It Down for You,” “Between Here and Hope.”
- New Verse News, “I Don’t Need Any More Facts,” “A Day in the Life of a Drone Pilot,” “Value-added Teachers”
- Skinny Poetry Journal, “Walking by the Schoolyard.”
- Texture, “Imaginarium.”
- Gyroscope Review, “Working Hard.”
- Panoplyzine, “Cocktails.”
- ArLiJo, “Barriers,” and “The Autoworker on the Radio Explains How the Factory Works.”
- Light Ekphrastic. “The Apple in His Eyes.”
- Mipoesias, “Rena”
- Pif Magazine, “Naptime in the Kindergarten Room”
- Scribble, “Nested,” “Second Chance Cafe,” and “The Portal.”
Women Write Resistance: Poets Resist Gender Violence. “Marital Privilege.”
Reckless Writing Anthology: The Modernization of Poetry by Emerging Writers of the 21st Century. “More Rock Than Bach,” and “Mrs. S.”
The Gunpowder Review, Autumn 2011: “Dreams in My Portfolio Redux” and “Postcards.”
Praxilla Literary Journal: “Liam Sits Folded,” “Stubborn Guests,” “This is Just to Say Redux,” “Martini Memories,” and “Fierce Kisses.”
Little Patuxent Review: “Wine and Water” and “Adultery.”
Life in Me Like Grass on Fire Anthology: “The Love of Work and Art,” “Dreams in My Portfolio,” “Seducing Billy Collins as He Finishes a Stanza,” “Marriage,” and “The Pediatrician.”
ARTICLES, ESSAYS, AND INTERVIEWS
- Interview: Little Patuxent Review. “Interview with Peter Bruun.” Print. Summer 2021.
- Interview: Little Patuxent Review. “Interview with Grace Cavalieri.” Print. Winter 2021.
- Article: The Awakenings Review. “From Pollyanna to Polypharmacy: A Story of Overmedication and Recovery.” 2020.
- Article: Currere Exchange Journal. “Poetry as Inquiry: Using Poetry to Explore the Currere of Prison Experience”. Online. May 2020
- Interview: Little Patuxent Review. “Interview with Kevin Shird.” Print. Summer 2020
- Interview: Little Patuxent Review. “Interview with Ben Cricchi” Print, Winter 2020.
- Interview: “The Healing Power of Writing” with Liz Bobo from Howard Community College
- Essay: Mad in America. “Learning to Speak the Subtle Language of Pain.”
- Essay: Mad in America. “The Answers in the Attic: A Mother-Daughter Story of Overmedication and Recovery.”
- Interview: Little Patuxent Review Blog.“Interview with Ned Tillman: Author of The Big Melt.”
- Interview: Little Patuxent Review Blog. “Contributing Editor Ann Bracken Interviews Morna McDermott McNulty.” Web.
- Interview: Little Patuxent Review. “Sitting Down for a Stoop Story: Interview with Laura Wexler and Jessica Myles Henkin.” Print.
- Interview: Little Patuxent Review. “What Builds Our Worlds: An Interview with Jason Reynolds.” Print.
- Interview: Little Patuxent Review. “An Interview with Paul Rucker.” Print
- Interview: Little Patuxent Review. “An Interview with Ann Bracken About No Barking in the Hallways.” Online
- Interview: Little Patuxent Review. “An Interview with Betty May.” Print
- Interview: Little Patuxent Review Blog, “An Interview with Linda Moghadam” and “Once You’re Inside.” Online
- Interview: Little Patuxent Review. “An Interview with Morna McDermott.” Print
- Interview: Little Patuxent Review. “An Interview with Grace Cavalieri.” Print
Essay: Little Patuxent Review. “Crafting a Bridge to Healing.”Print
- Interview: Little Patuxent Review. “Interview with Nancy Naomi Carlson.” Print
- The Museletter, July 2008: “Warrior Writer: An Interview with Drew Cameron.” Print
- Essay: On Purpose Women Magazine, August/September 2008: “Full Ahead Slow: One of the Three Pillars of Hope.” Print
- Essay: On Purpose Women Magazine, February/March 2008: “The Three Pillars of Hope: Using Expressive Arts to Navigate Life’s Transitions.” Print
- Essay: Little Patuxent Review, Winter 2007: “Riding Into the Wind” Print
- Interview: The Museletter, November 2004: “Engagement With Life; An Interview with Michael Collier, Maryland’s Poet Laureate.” Print
- Interview: The Museletter, March 2004: “The Power of Art; An Interview with David Read Johnson'” Print
- Interview: The Museletter, March 2001: “Interview with Edward Hirsch.” Print