For the Press
For more information or to schedule an interview or reading with Ann Bracken, please contact Ann via email.
A Press Kit is available.
- January 18, 2017: “No Barking in the Hallways: Poems from the Classroom” offers a rare glimpse into America’s public schools
- March 31, 2015: “The Altar of Innocence” is a brave, daring confessional
- February 17, 2015: “The Altar of Innocence” offers rare and compassionate look at depression
In the News
- Little Patuxent Review, January, 2023. “Meet Our Contributors: Q and A with Ann Bracken”
- Justice Arts Coalition, November, 2021. Teaching Artist Spotlight: Ann Bracken
- Little Patuxent Review, November 15, 2021. Celebrating Ann Bracken’s New Poetry Collection. Interview with Wendy Ruth Walker
- The Journal, March 16, 2017. Review of No Barking in the Hallways: Poems from the Classroom. Ann Bracken: A poetic chronicle of students, teachers by Sonja James.
- Monday Morning Book Blog, January 17, 2017. Review of No Barking in the Hallways: Poems from the Classroom by Barbara Morrison.
- WYPR: The Signal, April 24, 2015. “The Altar of Innocence, Baltimore Mandolin Orchestra, and fiction from Eric D. Goodman” by Aaron Henkin.
- Washington Independent Review of Books, “March 2015 Exemplars: Poetry Reviews” by Grace Cavalieri.
Martinsburg Journal-News, March 5, 2015. “‘Altar’ a poet’s brave, daring confessional“
- Little Patuxent Review, 2015. “Interview with Ann Bracken” by Emily Rich.
- Menacing Hedge Blog, 2013. “On Poetry and Transformation: A Conversation with Four Poets from Women Write Resistance: Poets Resist Gender Violence” (Hyacinth Girl Press, 2013)
- Little Patuxent Review, 2013. “Ann Bracken Selected for Anthology, Nominated for Pushcart Prize“
- Little Patuxent Review, 2012. “Ann Bracken’s Poems Selected for Reckless Writing Anthology“
- Baltimore Sun, 2002. “Poets words are therapy for grief,” by Tricia Bishop
- The Poet’s Story: An Interview with Ann Bracken
- Interview: “The Healing Power of Writing” with Liz Bobo from Howard Community College
- Ann Bracken interview with Grace Cavalieri, “The Poet and The Poem”
- Ann Bracken reads “Adultery” at Little Patuxent Review’s Summer 2011 Make Believe Issue launch